Which niche of blogging is most popular in India?

Whenever one wants to start a new blog, the first hindrance that comes to our mind is "what should I blog about?". Answer to this question is really very easy as and very difficult too. The short answer could be something like this "Blog about whatever you are passionate about."


Next question that pops up is about scope of getting readers. Are there sufficient number of people who are interested in the topics that you wish to write? I can't answer that with some precisely but one thing is sure, if you don't know enough about some particular niche, you should not go for that.

Indianbloggers.org is the directory of best Indian blogs. It is curated by Amit Agrawal the founder of renowned tech blog labnol.org. If you see the directory, you would realize that there are ample of blogs that belong to "food,cooking and cocktails" , technology, personal,management, photography category while categories like education and Green technology remains unexplored.

So before you set up a blog a look at Indianblogger webpage would give you the fair idea about the popularity and help you choose the optimal topic for your blog.

I just stated a new blog about education where I share my thoughts about education system and many other stuff. I considered three things while doing this:

  • My passion to teach online.
  • My passion for maths and science.
  • The availability of already existed blogs.